Saturday, February 27, 2010

Lucky!

Two days ago...the day started unlike most others, mommy was up before both little ones at 6:45 to shower and daddy was still not home from work yet. Daddy finally got home at 7am from being up all night long and we then had an hour to get everyone ready for a plane ride that I was sure would not happen because of the “snow hurricane” that was looming. So we were on our way to the airport at 8:20 for our 10:25 flight and got about 10 blocks when I realized I had forgotten my wallet with my license, so we had to turn around. But unbeknownst to us until we had to pay at the end of the ride, there was an extra charge of $10 for making an extra stop, great!

Checking in was quite painless actually, we opted for curbside check-in because of the long ticket line inside. We got through security with no issues after practically stripping down four people! We arrived at the gate and it still stated that our flight was scheduled to leave on time, yet the minutes just kept passing by. We finally boarded the plane about 10:45ish and there we just sat and sat and sat. We patiently waited for our turn to be de-iced. It was almost 1pm when we were finally ready to take off and up into the white, snowy skies we flew. I have to admit, it was a little scary flying into these harsh conditions, but if the FAA says it is ok, I trust them!

We were originally scheduled on a 12:25 flight and the day before we rebooked onto the 10:45 flight in the event that the forecasted weather might affect our travels, luckily we did…when we reached our cruising altitude, the captain came on overhead and told us that we were lucky to take off and most flights were being cancelled for the rest of the day. And boy how lucky I did feel, when up in that plane a memory was created that I will never forget…Addie in my arms, Blake’s head on my lap and daddy looking squished but peaceful in the tiny coach seat, my whole family was sound asleep and all I could do was look at each one of them and thank God for being the luckiest mommy ever!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aww...what a great story! And so glad you were able to make the trip and make some more memories. xoxo