Monday, October 26, 2009

In Florida via Atlanta, not France

We have been a little busy lately and time has slipped away. We cancelled/postponed our trip to France. We would have been there over a week by now, but due to family being ill, my pregnancy getting toward the end, plus the swine flu epidemic, we decided it was best to delay. We are very relieved to not be sitting in France, as we got the unexpected news that my wonderful Uncle Ruben passing last week. Since we were not overseas, Blake and I were able to attend his service. So in 5 days, we were on 5 different planes! And now we are down in Vero.

I want to send lots of love and support to Uncle Ruben's family. He was such an amazing man. His zest for life was beyond what anyone can imagine, even though he had cancer for over five years, he never let it get him down and never, ever stopped living, not even for a moment. I'll never forget all of the special memories we shared. And I will always cherish the special picture we had from so long ago when I was a little girl bouncing on his lap as well as the heartfelt speech he gave at my wedding. I love you Uncle Ruben! Fuggetaboutit................

No comments: