Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Day of "School"

Hmmmm, how should a mommy feel after dropping her first born off at his first day of school? Well, this mommy was a little emotional. I just couldn't believe he was already big enough to go to school. Granted, this isn't full-time school (only 2 times/week for 4 hours each), but still it is a BIG first step!

Ready for his first day of school!
And from the back!





















We have been talking about him going to school so much over the past few months and built it up so much that I think it actually paid off. Blake couldn't have been more excited for his big day. He gladly got dressed, put on his backpack, carried his lunchbox and was ready to walk out the door! There was no sadness on his part saying goodbye in the classroom to mommy. Although, I secretly hope he misses me, I really do want him to grow from this experience and have the time of his life. Now on these days when Blake is off learning all about the world, Addie and I can have special time together.

Blake took this picture and I had no idea his teachers were in it. Not their best expressions, I'm sure, but here are Miss Elizabeth and Miss Kim - outstanding teachers!
Before I even left the room, Blake was down on the floor playing!
Where does the time go? This is just another example of how precious time is and we need to cherish our children every moment, because they get big so quickly. I know this seems a little extreme, but for a stay-at-home mom who has been with her little man every step of the way and only been apart for about 5 or 6 nights ever, this was a morning never to forget...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a special day for all of you! I got teary just seeing the pictures, so I can only imagine how you must be feeling. I'm sure he'll take to it like a duck to water, and we can't wait to hear all the stories he has to tell. Enjoy your "Addie" time!

xoxo